The benefits of literacy education are immeasurable
In some ways, the real impact of our groundbreaking digital library can’t be measured. Recent UNESCO research confirms that literacy is about more than simply reading and writing. It is defined as ‘a means of identification, understanding, interpretation, creation, and communication in an increasingly digital, text-mediated, information-rich and fast-changing world.’
In this way, Library For All is a welcome solution to the challenges of literacy education in the developing world. It not only helps individuals to read, but to learn, dream and aspire to lift themselves out of poverty. It’s hard to measure dreams, but you can read more of the personal stories of those who’ve benefited from our programs on our blog.
Our impact reports offer a snapshot of what we can quantify
We our proud to have worked with our partners, sponsors and communities to achieve:
• Over 1050 books published in Creole, French, English and Spanish for our Haitian library
• Over 761 books published in Kinyarwanda, French and English for our Rwandan library
• Successful writers’ workshops conducted in Papua New Guinea
• New content in development around the worldNew partnerships in place with leading publishers and distributors.
And this is just the beginning.
Our strategic goals for 2018 are:
• Creating more diverse and representative content
• Expanding readership of our digital library
• Increasing program revenue to achieve financial sustainability.